It’s not every day we get to throttle up into the red (redlining) with imagination, creativity, and problem solving skills going into a single project. The past year we’ve been designing and engineering the Resto-Mod of a 25M Powercat, designed in the late 1990’s, and has required all our RPM to fuel the ride. For our clients this yacht captures a fresh balance of style, safety, and performance.
Physical Dimensions and Particulars
- LOA 25.1 m / 82.35 ft
- BOA 11m / 36.09 ft
- Draft: 1.5m / 4.92 ft
- Disp: 55T
- Fuel: 18,300 L / 4800 g.
- Cabins: 2 guest, 1 VIP, 1 Crew, 1 Owner’s Suite (10 people)
- The interior is a collaboration with SWD and Verge Yacht Design and will feature crisp, modern detail throughout. Select custom pieces will highlight the space and will be tuned to fit the owner’s parameters of function and style.
Propulsion & Manuevering
- Propulsion: 2 x Cummins QSL series 450 hp @ 2100 rpm.
- Gears: Twin Disc MGX – 5095 SC @ 2.46:1.
- Props: Hundested CPP VP-5 FR-H Hydraulic Controllable Pitch Propeller system, 980mm dia. wheels.
- Bow Thrusters: 2 x 48vDC Sleipner SEP300/300TC.
Power & Generation
- Lithium House Bank: 4 x 20 kW-hr WhisperPower Towers, 80 kW-hrs total
- Gensets: 2 x WhisperPower Piccolo 20 230V/60Hz, 18kW each.
- Alternators: 2 x Integrel 9 kW, each engine.
- Solar: Solbian SP series, semi-rigid panels – 3473 Wp.
- Transforming/Inverting/Charging: WhisperPower
- HVAC: Termodinamica 80 KW, heating/cooling
- Air circulation/ventilation: Termodinamica make-up & exhaust air handlers.
The Catamaran was designed by Derek Kelsall, of Kelsall Catamarans, a UK company founded in Cornwall, 1965. The firm moved to New Zealand, during the late 1990’s, around the time Bonefish was originally designed and the project soon began a slow pace of construction at a New Zealand builder, where the boat was eventually launched in mid-2000’s.
Video: The Story Behind The Boat
A Second Life for a 25M Catamaran
Boat Renovations and Restorations 101